THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

ARTISTS - FEED YOUR INNER CHILD!

CHIP FROM A BIO SHIP is a digital abstract that I redid from an original acrylic painting from a few years ago. I love doing abstracts because they give me a chance to play with art.

I consider "play" to be a vital element in creating art and the inner child has to be invoked for this important factor to work properly.

I believe that the ability to be childlike is essential to being an artist. Children view the world in a different way, they see with fresh eyes and they are not afraid to let their wonderment in. These qualities are essential to those of us who seek to create art.

I often take time to play with art. I will experiment with a different medium, I doodle constantly and I take time to do some art just for myself like painting a tee shirt to wear or a piece of furniture for my home. I've found that some of my most successful series of art pieces come from this playtime. Most importantly, I am feeding my inner child and keeping my love for art as fresh and exciting as it was the day I got my first box of crayons.

Today, stop being an adult. Try something new, doodle, have some fun, throw some paint - play! Wake up your inner child and give that kid a nice, big box of crayons and let him or her color on the walls! It will open up a whole new world of freedom and imagination!

No comments: