THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Glass Blowing in Ancient Egypt

This is interesting - they've recreated an ancient Egyptian glass furnace. This was a cool article for me because i love Egyptian art and I absolutely love glass art.

Unfortunately, I will never become a glass artist, so it is one of my favorite types of art to collect. I'm especially fond of drinking glasses, martini glasses in particular as I am also The Martini Diva as well as being a normal challenged artist!

I actually have an original Dale Chihuly piece I bought many, many years ago and it's one of my prized possessions. I also have many lovely pieces from fellow artists I've met on the circuit - sone of my favorites being pieces by my friends Ed and Carolyn Earley. They do the most incredible slumped work and Carolyn does glass beads that are miniature works of art.

Anyhoo, enjoy the article!

No comments: