THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Artisitic Inspiration is a Jealous Lover

©2010 by Pop Art Diva. All Rights Reserved.  No permission is given to copy, share, reproduce, distribute, post or print without written authorization from PopArtDiva.Com.
My Latest Inspiration

INSPIRED BY INSPIRATION
How a cooking show and some butterflies interrupted my morning coffee.

I was watching "Avec Eric", a cooking show with Chef Eric Ripert, while I sipped my early morning mocha.  When he asked another chef where his inspiration came from it made me cringe.  Personally, I loathe being asked that question.  I don't want to spend my time thinking about where Inspiration comes from, I want to spend my time expressing Inspiration.

Maybe I'm afraid that if I look to closely at my Inspiration it will disappear, though more likely I don't like to think about it because I don't really know exactly where this constant companion comes from.  Inspiration was my imaginary friend for as long as I can remember, it's always been there and it rarely disappears.

Though I don't know where my Inspiration comes from I do know how it gets my attention.  Sometimes it will strike me like a mugger boinking me over the head with a full blown concept and sometimes it comes like a thief in the night armed with just a germ of an idea that robs me of my sleep.  Often it acts like a nosy neighbor who comes knocking on my door for some sketchy gossip, interrupting my plans for the day. Annoying as it's timing can be, Inspiration has also gently whispered to me numerous times, taking my hand when I'm grieving from a loss and guiding me to a new project to ease my pain. Inspiration has been my best friend and a caring lover at the worst times of my life.

I admit that Inspiration and I have a love/hate relationship.  I am never without Inspiration, it constantly bombards me with ideas, smothering me with a constant demand to draw this and write that.  It interrupts me when I'm washing dishes, it tugs at my mind when I'm trying to relax and it badgers me to constantly create, create, create until I'm exhausted from the efforts to please.  My nature to get things done NOW is in direct conflict with Inspiration's multi-tasking.  There aren't enough hours in the day or days in the year to do all the work that is on my Inspiration's to-do list.

My life is littered with sticky notes of Inspiration.  It's the bane and the blessing of my life as an artist and I wouldn't have it any other way.




 
Follow me on Twitter as NormLChallenged 
Follow me on Twitter as @PopArtDiva 
Friend me on Facebook

--------------------------- 
LEARN HOW TO DO ART AND CRAFT SHOWS FOR PROFIT AND FUN STEP BY STEP Click the links below to download my articles for a nominal fee of only $2.50 each:

1 comment:

WelcomeToCompany said...

we just launched a beta art site for contemporary artists to directly network with collectors- please visit www.WelcometoCompany.com and register, its free! Join our tribe