THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Well, Whaddya Know - An ARTIST'S REALITY SHOW!

Thought you might be interested to know that Bravo TV is going to have a reality show about Artists! After all the love - cooking - racing - snarking reality shows have littered up the small screen we artists finally get our two crayons worth in!

Work of Art - The Next Great Artist debuts on June 9th on Bravo - check your local listings for the times. I'm looking forward to it, I often thought about suggesting one but then I wondered, "how much drama could there be in one of us painting, drawing, sculpting away for cash and prizes?"

How stupid of me! Artists are naturally dramatic and don't you believe if anyone tells you there is no jealousy, envy or any of the other downfalls of humanity in the art community. After 30 years of doing art shows, working in art and advertising departments and dealing with fellow art co-workers, I should know better!

It should be interesting, if not all that based in reality, despite being a reality show. It is television after all and I'm sure ratings will come into play. I'm certainly going to watch with interest and I wanted to share the news with you. Please let me know what you think after the first episode or two! I'll try to get back here and post about it.

Yes, I've been remiss in posting lately - thank the fact that I am buried under a load of design requests and commissions as well as continuing to create for my online stores and rebuilding my website yet again!

BTW, check out the show's website on the link above - they even have an online drawing tool you can doodle around with. I'm going back now to check out the artists they've lined up and I already have one issue with the show - they're all young! Hey, Bravo, old people have talent too!!!!


---------------------------
LEARN HOW TO DO ART AND CRAFT SHOWS FOR PROFIT AND FUN STEP BY STEPClick the links below to download my articles for a nominal fee of only $2.50 each:

What Kind of an Artist Will You Be? Define Your Product First.

Creating Your Booth - Making a Portable Gallery That Works

Preparing To Do An Art Show - Getting your art, your booth and yourself together

The Most Important Sales Techniques for Selling and Marketing Your Art

Follow me on Twitter as NormLChallenged
Follow me on Twitter as @PopArtDiva
Friend me on Facebook

No comments: