THIS BLOG IS A FREE RESOURCE DEDICATED TO HELPING OTHER ARTISTS SELL, MARKET, PROMOTE & CREATE THEIR ART from The Normal Challenged Artist (aka PopArtDiva!)

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ETSY - SELL YOUR ONE OF A KIND ART WORKS EASILY ONLINE

Though I sell my art through my pop culture art website, PopArtDiva.com and at my online store, the PopArtDiva Boutique I have signed up for an account at ETSY.

This is a website for artists and crafters to "buy and sell all things handmade". From what I've seen they have a great number of artists selling some pretty nice things. It's going to be one of my online stops when I shop for gifts because it's somewhere that you can get a totally unique, handmade item without every having to leave the house!

You deal with the artist for the purchase and the shipping via e-mails and that particular artist chooses payment methods, though it looks like most use PayPal.

I think it will be a great venue for those little projects of mine that I do for fun and to keep my hand in to creating a handmade piece of art. There are times when I just want to do something "artsy" or "crafty" like painting a piece of furniture in fun designs or just trying out a project that looked interesting to me. If I don't want to keep it I now have a place to sell it!

Of course, I have to find the time for these fun, little personal projects on top of all my "money making" art. . . . .

Buy Great Products at The Normal Challenged Artist Shop!

2 comments:

Daniel Edlen said...

Has it worked for you? I've been painting enough pieces that aren't for specific commissions or consignments to have a bit of a portfolio of already created works. I don't know if etsy's the place for me yet. What do you think?

Peace.

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

I have not tried Etsy myself - simply because it's for hand made one of a kind type of art - which I have very little time for at the present time.

I have a friend who uses it to sell his hand made glass beads and he says it's pretty good - he also has an e-bay store.